Friday 8 May 2009

Facebook Transplant Part 1 - Originally posted 16/2/09 - Palestinian use of Funds

This was one of my first "blogs" post using Facebook notes. Even though it is actually my second post there, it works better as an introduction so I posted it 1st here.

****
Since my recent resolution to keep politics out of my status updates and stick to m facebook “notes” I have decided to do a semi-regular update about things that just annoy the hell out of me and should outrage every right thinking person not blinded by the multiculturally-hypersensitive media PC brigade.

Anyone reading any further should know that I am not at all PC or faddish in my views, and while my personal beliefs are a bewildering and eclectic mix of left, centre, right, liberal, conservative, and authoritarian depending on the issue, I would normally be labelled “extreme right” by most people even if its not true. In all honesty I should admit to a severe pro-Zionist stance when it comes to Israel.

So, what has stoked my ire today? A visit to one of my favourite blogs, http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/, this morning lead me to the following story.http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2009/02/oddly-enough.html

Yeah – you read right. There is a children’s television programme in Palestine, funded by the Palestinian authorities (and thus by European and NGO aid packages) mind-washing a entirely new generation of young Palestinian kids into growing up to be terrorists. Nice. Gives you a warm fuzzy feeling doesn’t it? I especially like the concept of Assud, the pink jew-eating rabbit. That’s bound to build some bridges and sort out the problems in the region in the next generation isn’t it? Of course, its all understandable and acceptable because, as the media tells us, the evil Israelis are behind EVERY problem in the area (sounds familiar doesn't it? Goebbels would be proud).

Makes me sick and reinforces my resolution to NEVER send donations to charities that will give money to places like Palestine or Africa, no matter how many heart wrenching commercials of urban wreckage and blank eyed waifs are aired. It will almost certainly be diverted to non-humaitarian purposes through corruption, ideology or both. Think about that next time you see a "Gaza Appeal" spot on TV. Your kind hearted donation could very easily go towards perpetuating the problem for an entirely new gneration to struggle with.

No comments: